Call for more information
(587) 968 - 1616

Join Calgary Drivers Education Classes for Perfect Driving

Obtaining proper Calgary drivers Ed, Education is extremely important for someone who is preparing to drive on the roads of calgary city specially in the extreme conditions of Winter. As a law abiding citizen, it should be your moral responsibility to obtain the necessary documents before you start driving. As a resident of Calgary, the responsibility is even bigger,as this is the biggest Alberta city with a huge population of not only people but vehicles as well.

Check eligibility to get driverís Licence

There are 7Classes (types) of driverĎs licence in Calgary, Alberta.Class 7 is a learnerís licence. Your level of expertise and type of vehicle (you want to drive are) the basic merits to allocate you the licence class. If you are planning to apply for the driver's license either it s new,renewal or replacement it's a good idea to check eligiblity.

To get an Alberta driverís licence, you must be:

  • A Canadian citizen,a Canadian permanent resident,hold a valid work visa,
  • and/or have an approved refugee claim from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada.
  • Applicant must live in Alberta
  • Applicant must have valid government issued ID with photo
  • if youíre under 18, you must have written consent from your parents or guardian
  • The driver must provide proof of their date first licensed. (If the driver has been licensed for two or more years as a fully licensed driver in their country of origin, the Graduated Driver Licensing program (GDL) conditions do not apply.
  • The driver must meet all requirements for the class of licence being applied for in order to drive a motor vehicle.
  • The driver will be required to pass a vision screening test and disclose all medical conditions or physical disabilities that may affect their ability to safely drive a motor vehicle.

Translation Requirements

All documents submitted must be genuine originals, photocopies and faxes are not acceptable. All driver's licences and other documents not in English must be accompanied by a written translation completed by an approved translator. If the client also has an official International Driver's Permit (IDP) issued by their home jurisdiction, it must also be surrendered. Japanese licences that are not accompanied by an official IDP must have a translation done by the Consulate General of Japan. Swiss licences do not require a translation as the required information is already in English.

exemption from taking a knowledge and/or road test

A person is exempt from taking a knowledge and/or road test when they provide proof that they previously held a Canadian driverís licence or a licence from a country with a Reciprocal Licensing Agreement with Alberta and have been consecutively licenced in another jurisdiction since they held that licence. There cannot have been a lapse in licencing during this period in excess of three years.

Professional Driving Course
Road test and Driving license requirements for foreigners-Canadians
Driver's education
Registery info for Driver education Calgary